Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mock Oranges

I finally got around to planting the three mock orange ('White Sensation') behind my mini-waterfall today. They are too puny to be seen over the stack of rocks, but someday I know their arched branches, covered with lovely white blossoms, will ramble up and over the rocks. I'm looking forward to watching them grow. I know it's hard for many gardeners to overcome the desire for instant satisfaction. Heck, it's one of the hardest things about gardening properly....who wants to wait 3 years, right? I have found over all the years I have gardened both personally and professionally, that there is only temporary satisfaction in instant satisfaction, but there is a special pride and joy in watching something grow to it's full potential. I love the process of waiting and watching and admiring how the garden evolves into maturity. True gardeners appreciate the future of their garden as much as the present. We are willing to wait.

No comments: