Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Oklahoma...

So much for me updating you from the conference! I am absolutely exhausted. What an intense experience that was. I learned so much and had a real blast getting to know everyone I met. There were just under 500 garden writers and product exhibitors there and I can't wait to start telling everyone about some of the unique people and products I found at the conference. Everything from new organic products to lessons in podcasting, writing for the web (how am I doing?), new plants on the market, and some really special blogs (www.coldclimategardening.com). Over the next few months, we'll be talking about them on the program, so stay tuned!

What surprised me the most, I think, was all the different aspects of garden communicating represented there. Writers, web designers, scientists, radio and TV folks, bloggers, plant 'discoverers', breeders, product designers, PR folks, book authors and gardening non-profits to name just a few. I collected well over 100 business cards and it will take me weeks to figure out who was who! My greatest goal at the conference (besides getting some new writing gigs!) was to find some folks who really epitomize passionate gardening from across the country and bring them to The Organic Gardeners programs. No problem there, the place was crawling with them! The 'Expert's Corner' segment will be booked for many, many months....

No comments: